Epson WF-3620 Driver – Don’t be overwhelmed when you get Epson WF-3620 error code 0x97 message. Epson may be known as a reliable brand, but it doesn’t mean that their products are 100% perfect.
Having some common issues is quite ‘normal’. The important key element is that you understand what it is all about and how to deal with all of those issues.
Error Code 0x97 and What It’s All about
When the printer has its own internal (hardware) issue, it may result in the message appearing on the screen. It seems that this Epson WF-3620 error code 0x97 is quite common for some Epson variants, such as 7610, WF 3640, WF 4630, and WF-3620.
The issue may happen when there is internal (component) malfunction or when there is failure with the motherboard.
When you get the message, the printer would suddenly stop doing any printing job or it may power off unexpectedly.
The Unplug and Plug (Again) Method
This is basically one of the most common and standard solutions when you encounter Epson WF-3620 error code 0x97 issue.
As the name suggests, this method requires you to disconnect the printer from all the attached stuff and then reconnect everything back again.
- Disconnect all of the cables. Make sure that your printer isn’t connected to anything
- Also disconnect the USB drivers
- Remove all of the cartridges. Take them out
- While the printer is still off, press the Power so you can discharge any remaining power (within the printer)
- Connect cables and all USB peripherals again. Make sure that you properly plug them in and secure the connection
- Reinstall the cartridges
- Activate the printer again
- Check whether the message still appears. At this point, you shouldn’t be able to see the message anymore. If it still appears, move on to the next step.
Advanced Unplug and Plug Method
This is another unplug and plug solution, but in a more advanced manner.
- Turn the printer off. Don’t forget to unplug it and remove it from any cables or connections
- Wait for around 5 minutes so the printer can cool off
- Press Power for around one minute and hold it off. Don’t release it just yet
- While still pressing the Power, connect the printer to a power cord and power outlet. Once connected, you still have to press for another extra minute.
- Release the button. By now, you shouldn’t be able to see the message.
Clean the Clogged Nozzles
In most cases, this issue can be easily resolved by cleaning the nozzles. It’s because dust piling up on the nozzles, resulting to the printer having difficulty in printing.
Dirty nozzles can also be responsible for such an issue.
- Turn the device off. Unplug it from the power outlet as well as the computer. It should be a standalone device on its own.
- Open the casing of the printer
- Take a paper towel or a soft cloth. Try to fold it in a way so it can fit under the printhead just nicely
- You can use a special (head) cleaning fluid to wet it. The fluid should have ammonia in it.
- Place the already soaked cloth (or paper towel) right down the middle side of the track. It’s the place where the head moves
- Manage the printheada right in the center, making sure that the soaked cloth is right under it
- Leave it be for around 12 hours, at least.
- Afterwards, you can remove the cloth and let it air-dry for a while. Then place everything back in their places.
- Connect the printer to power cable and the computer.
- Try doing the printing job again.
Update the Driver
In general, outdated or damaged driver may cause this message to appear. The only smart solution is to update the driver.
Be mind you that the driver here means the printer’s driver, so you should be able to manage it. Depending on your operating system, there are different steps to update the driver.
Do you use Mac OS or Windows? The steps for Windows would be different from steps for Mac OS. Find out the steps for your system.
In the end, this error code isn’t unusual or strange, but you will have to understand its nature as well as possible solutions.
Only by doing so, you can tackle Epson WF-3620 error code 0x97 issue quite effortlessly.
Epson WF-3620 Driver Windows
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista
- Link Download
- File Size : 153 MB
Epson WF-3620 Driver macOS
macOS 10.3, macOS 10.4, macOS 10.5, macOS 10.6, macOS 10.7, macOS 10.8, macOS 10.9, macOS 10.10, macOS 10.11, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.15, macOS 11
- Link Download
- File Size : 150 MB