Epson Workforce 840 Driver – Managing your Epson Workforce 840 wireless setup doesn’t have to be complicated or difficult, as long as you know what to do.
Be sure to prepare everything before the installation process can begin. Also be sure to follow the provided instructions for the installation to ensure successful result.
The Wireless Setup
Before you can start managing the Epson Workforce 840 wireless setup, be sure to install the software (or the program) within each computer that you want to manage the printing work.
If you do it for the first time, it’s advisable to use the USB cable. It will simplify the wireless setup process. Once the printer has been directly connected to the existing network, then you will be required to remove that USB cable.
Be advised that the cable won’t be included within the package.
What if you have Mac 10.6 OS X device? If you do have one and you don’t own the USB cable, then you can access the control panel on the printer to choose the wireless setting.
From this stage, you can either choose different methods. There would be different mechanism for different methods.
If this is your first installation time, the methods would be different from the one to add an extra device.
First Time Installation
Before you start the installation for the first time, check whether you have found out about the SSID and password.
Jot them down with details, meaning that you should write everything in proper upper or lowercase. If you don’t know this info, check the manual or contact the person who is responsible for the setting at the first time.
Starting off with the installation should be:
- The printer should be on
- Insert the CD to start the installation
- If you can’t find the CD, then download the software from the official site
- For Windows users (Vista and 7), you should see an AutoPlay window runs. Choose Run Setup.exe option.
- When the User Account Control window or screen appears, choose Yes. It’s also possible that you may not see
- Yes, but Continue instead. They are basically the same thing.
- For Windows XP users, go with Install option when the screen Software Installation appears
- For Mac OS X users, there would be an Epson icon shows up. Double click on it
- After you have gone through the previous section, click Install
- You should see a screen about Select Your Connection. Go with Wireless Connection and then choose Next
- Then you should see the screen for WorkForce 840 Series and Network Setup. Go with Set the Printer up for the First Time and then Next
- You will see Select Wireless Network Setup method screen. Choose the Wireless Network Setup option and then Next. In the event that you use Temporary USB cable type, don’t use the cable yet. And be advised that the
- USB cable won’t be found in the package.
- Go with Next
- Do one of these: If you go with Using Temporary USB Cable Mode, simply follow the on-screen instructions. If you choose Using Printer Buttons, then you also need to choose the given guide on the screen. In the event that you get a firewall alert notification, choose Allow or Unblock. DON’T choose Ask Me Later or Keep Blocking
Extra Computer Setup
In the event that you have already managed the wireless setup, but you want to add the extra device to the network, the following step would be appropriate for the Epson Workforce 840 wireless setup.
- You will have to activate the printer
- Insert the CD (for the software)
- When you see the screen for
- Workforce 840 installation, choose Install
- When you see the screen to Select Your Connection, go with Wireless Connection and then Next
- You should be taken to the next screen of Network Setup. Choose the option The Printer is Already on My
- Wireless Network, and choose Next
- The next step is your system will install itself. It takes a while so just wait. After the process completes, there would be steps on the screen. Follow them so you can install and finalize the software process.
- After the installation has completed, you need to remove the CD. Restart the computer
Those are some insight about the computer and how to manage them all. Just follow the instructions on Epson Workforce 840 wireless setup and you should be fine.
Epson Workforce 840 Driver Windows
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista
- Link Download
- File Size : 100 MB
Epson Workforce 840 Driver macOS
macOS 10.3, macOS 10.4, macOS 10.5, macOS 10.6, macOS 10.7, macOS 10.8, macOS 10.9, macOS 10.10, macOS 10.11, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.15, macOS 11
Epson Workforce 840 Manual Download
- Epson Workforce 840 Installation Guide Download (PDF)
- Epson Workforce 840 User Guide (HTML)